- PhD (Theoretical & Applied Mechanics) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champag 2008
- MS (Mech Engrg) University of New Mexico 2004
- BEng (Engrg Thermophysics) Tianjin University 1997
- BA (Eng Sci & Tech) Tianjin University 1997
Asst Prof Wu Yanhua joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in January 2011. He obtained his B.Eng. in Engineering Thermophysics and B.A. in English in Science and Technology in 1997 from Tianjin University, China. He then worked as a thermal control engineer for satellites in Beijing Institute of Spacecraft System Engineering in Beijing, China until 2001. He obtained his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of New Mexico in 2004 and his Ph.D. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2008. He was an Assistant Professor in the department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Wright State University in Dayton, OH, USA before joining NTU. He is a senior member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, a member of American Society of Mechanical Engineering and American Physical Society.
Fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, renewable energy, experimental methods.
Research Students under supervision
||Study of Wave-Body Interactions for Offshore Floating Wind Turbines |
||Experimental Studies of the Effects of Roughness Topography on Aerodynamics Performance of Dragonfly Wings |
|D M K K Venkateswara Rao
||Optimization, Dynamics Analyses and Trajectory Tracking of Aircraft Perching Maneuvers |
- Mejia-alvarez, R., Wu, Y. and Christensen, K.T. 2014. Observations of meandering superstructures in the roughness sublayer of a turbulent boundary layer. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 48, 43-51.
- Y. Wu. A study of energetic large-scale structures in turbulent boundary layer. Phys. Fluids, 26, 045113.
- H.Tang, P. Salunkhe, Y. Zheng*, J. Du, and Y. Wu. On the use of synthetic jet actuator arrays for active flow separation control. Exp Thermal Fluid Sci, 57, 1-10
- J.Xie, Z.Wen, T.N.Wong, S.Yu, F.Duan, and Y.Wu. Thermal e_ect on the spray cone development of a pressure swirl nozzel in spray cooling. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer,73, 130-140.
- Y. Wu & H. Ren*. Analysis of a Realistic Rough Surface for its Globally Dominant Parameters Using Continuous Wavelets. Appl Math Mech., 35, 741-748.
- H.M. Lee* & Y. Wu. 2013. An Experimental Study of Stall Delay on the Blade of a Horizontal-axisWind Turbine Using Tomographic Particle Image Velocimetry. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 123, 56-68.
- Wu,Y., Ren,H.*, & Tang H. Turbulent Flow Over a Rough Backward-facing Step. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 44, 155-169. 2013.
- Lee, H.M. * & Wu,Y. 2013. Experimental Study of Rotational E_ect on Stall. Chin Phys Lett, 30, Issue 6, 064703.
- Ren, H. * & Wu,Y. 2013. On the Impacts of Coarse-scale Models of Realistic Roughness on a Forward-facing Step Turbulent Flow. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 40:15-31.
- Introduction to Thermo-Fluids
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics