- Phd (Industrial Engrg) The Pennsylvania State University 2008
- MS (Industrial Engrg) Hanyang University 1995
- BS (Industrial Engrg) Hanyang University 1992
Seung Ki Moon is an assistant professor in school of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University, USA, in 2008, his M.S. and B.S. degrees in Industrial Engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea, in 1995 and 1992, respectively. He worked as a Senior Research Engineer at the Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea for eight years before embarking on his PhD degree. After completing his doctoral degree, he joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University for one year as a postdoctoral research associate. He is interested in the boundary-spanning research that integrates the knowledge of design, engineering, and economics. His current focuses include applying sciences and economic theory to the design of customized and sustainable products, services, and advanced manufacturing, universal design for human variability, strategic and multidiscipline design optimization, 3D printing/laser additive manufacturing, design for additive manufacturing/3D printing, and service design and management.
Strategic Design and Management, Multidiscipline Design Optimization, Product Family and Platform Design, Customized Design for Additive Manufacturing, 3D printing/laser additive manufacturing
Research Staff and Students under supervision
|Tan Yu En
|Truong Ngoc Quoc Thang
||Actuation and Control of Flexible Membrane Winged Mini-UAV |
||To Develop Design Theory and Methods for Supporting Customized and Sustainable Products and Manufacturing using Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Approaches and Additive Manufacturing Technologies in Dynamic Market Environments |
|Ng Suat Ling Jamie
||Aging and Technology |
||3D Microfludic Platform for Liver Tissue Engineering |
|Tan Yu En
||A Cognitive Functional Model for Developing Reasoning and Problem Solving Mechanisms in 3 D Design and Additive Manufacturing |
||Process Optimization for Laser Additive Manufacturing |
||Agent-based Decision Making Modeling and Simulation for Development Innovative Products |
||To Develop Design Theory and Methods for Customized Families of Products and Services by Integrating Economic Theory, Engineering Design, Operations Research, Manufacturing and Systems Engineering in Uncertain Market Environments |
||Design and Control for Embedded Sensor Development in Additive Manufacturing |
- Lei, N. and Moon, S.K., “A decision support system for market-driven product positioning and design,” Decision Support Systems, Vol.69, No.1, pp.82-91, 2015.
- Chang, J., Jung, K., Kim, W., Moon, S.K., Freivalds, A., Simpson, T.W., and Baik, S.P., “Effects of Weight Balance on a 3D TV Shutter Type Glasses: Subjective Discomfort and Physical Contact Load on the Nose,” International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp.801-809, 2014.
- Wu, F., Moon, S.K., and Son, H.S., “Orientation Measurement based on Magnetic Inductance by Extended DMP Model,” Sensors, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp.11504-11521, 2014.
- Moon, S.K., Tan, Y.E., Hwang, J., and Yoon, Y.J., “Application of 3D Printing Technology for Designing Light-Weight Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Wing Structures,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing – Green Technology, Vol. 1, No.3, pp.223-228, 2014.
- Jiao, L.S., Moon, S.K., Ng, E.Y.K., Zheng, H.Y. , and Son, H.S., “Influence of substrate heating on hole geometry and spatter area in femtosecond laser drilling of silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 104, No. 18, pp. 181902-1-4, 2014.
- Baek, J.W. and Moon, S.K., “M/M/1 Queue with a Production Inventory System and Lost Sale,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.233 (1 May), pp.534-544, 2014.
- Moon, S.K., Park, K.J., and Simpson, T.W., “Platform Design Variable Identification for a Product Family using Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization,” Research in Engineering Design, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 95-108, 2014.
- Moon, S.K., Oh, H.S., Ventura, J.A., Kim, J.K., and Yoon, Y.J., “Service Reliability Improvement in Manufacturing and Operating Systems”, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 1401-1406, 2013.
- Moon, S.K. and McAdams, D.A., “A Market-based Design Strategy for a Universal Product Family,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 143, No. 11, pp. 111007-1-12, 2012.
- Moon, S.K., Shu, J., Simpson, T.W., and Kumara, S.R.T., “A Module-based Service Model for Mass Customization: Service Family Design,” IIE Transactions, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 153-163, 2011.
- Product Design & Development
- Creative Thinking Design
- Strategic Management Of Product Development