- PhD Monash University 1999
- MTech Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 1988
- BEng(Dist) Shivaji University 1986
Prof Joshi has been faculty with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since Nov 2000. He was awarded Ph. D. degree for his work in Composites Processing by Monash University, Australia in 1999. Prior to that, from 1998 to 1994, he worked as Scientist at the National Aerospace Laboratories upon completion of his M. Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering from Indian Institute of Bombay (Mumbai). At NTU, Prof Joshi was an integral part of the Singapore’s first microsatellite R&D project, XSAT, which was successfully launched in 2011. He has been PI or co-PI of several R&D projects funded by ASTAR, RSAF, DSTA as well as industries such as ARKEMA, France.
Novel Composites, Satellite Sub-systems, Composites Processing
Research Staff and Students under supervision
|Weerasooriya Mudiyanselage Raveendra Weerasooriya
|Boon Yi Di
||Failure Evaluation of Filament Wound Composite Risers with Isotropic Liner |
||Structural Integrity of Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites Subjected to Hygrothermal Conditioning |
|Ganapathi Ammasai Sengodan
||Resin Rundown and Fiber Fall over in Manufacturing of Composite Wind Turbine Blades |
|Mahesh S/O Sachithanadam
||Characterization of Mechanical,Thermal and Acoustic Properties of Aero-gel Composites |
|Bhudolia Somen Kumar
||Thin-plies Carbon Fibres and thermoplastic Composites Design Applied to Sports Products |
||Manufacturing and Performance Studies of Laminated Composites with Nano-reinforced Inter-ply Interfaces |
- Zhong Y. C., Joshi S. C., 2014, Impact resistance of hygrothermally conditioned composite laminates with different lay-ups, Journal of Composite Materials (Elsevier), accepted and published on-line doi: 10.1177/0021998314526078.
- Mahesh Sachithanadam, Joshi S. C., 2014, High strain recovery with improved mechanical properties of gelatin-silica aerogel composites post binding treatment, Journal of Materials Science (Springer), Jan 2014, Vol. 49, Issue 1, pp 163-179.
- Joshi S.C., Bhudolia S. K., 2014, Microwave–thermal technique for energy and time efficient curing of carbon fiber reinforced polymer prepreg composites, Journal of Composite Materials (Elsevier), Oct 2014, 48: 3035-3048.
- Ali M., Joshi S. C., 2013, Damage evolution in glass/epoxy composites engineered using core shell microparticles under impact loading, Journal of Materials Science (Springer), Dec 2013, Vol. 48, Issue 24, pp 8354-8367.
- Joshi S. C., A. Dineshkumar, 2013, Heat transfer efficiency of aluminium substrates with embedded semi-active thermal control device, Heat Transfer Engineering - an International Journal (Taylor & Francis, United States), Vol. 34, No.11-12, pp 985-993.
- Ganapathi A. S., Joshi S. C., Zhong C., 2013, Simulation of bleeder flow and curing of thick composites with pressure and temperature-dependant properties, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (Elsevier), Vol. 32, Mar 2013, pp 64–82.
- Ali M., Joshi S. C., 2012, Impact damage resistance of CFRP prepreg laminates with dispersed CSP particles into ply interfaces, International Journal of Damage Mechanics (Elsevier), Dec 2011, Vol. 21 No 8, Nov 2012, pp 1106-1127.
- Joshi S. C., Dikshit V., 2012, Enhancing interlaminar fracture characteristics of woven CFRP prepreg composites through CNT dispersion, Journal of Composite Materials (Elsevier), Mar 2012 Vol. 46 No. 6, pp 665-675.
- Joshi S. C., Toh W., 2011, Elastic properties of CNT-engineered polymer composites using multi-level mechanics approach, Journal of Multiscale Modelling (World Scientific), Vol. 3, No.4, 271-289.
- Joshi S .C., Chen X., 2011, Time-variant simulation of multi-material thermal pultrusion, Applied Composite Materials (Wiley-VCH) Vol. 18, No. pp. 283-296.
- Advanced Materials Engineering
- Aircraft Design
- Behaviour Of Aerospace Frame Structures
- Aerospace Materials & Manufacturing Process
- Aerospace Laboratory
- Introduction To Aircraft Design & Manufacturing