- PhD (MechEng) Hong Kong Univ of Science & Technology 2006
- MPhil (MechEng) Hong Kong Univ of Science & Technology 2002
- BEng (MechEng) Hong Kong Univ of Science & Technology 2000
Prof Wan is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (Thermal & Fluids Division) since August 2009. Before joing this university, Prof Wan was an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering in Kyungpook National University, South Korea. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. His research interests include aerosol sciences, building environmental quality and catalytic combustion. His current research works focus on transport of expiratory aerosols in indoor environments and infectious disease transmission, ultrafine particle dynamics, mass transfer and chemical kinetics in catalytic oxidation systems. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including Atmospheric Environment, Indoor Air, Building and Environment, etc. Prof Wan is a member of ASME, ACS and ASHRAE.
Aerosol sciences, indoor environmental quality, building energy, catalytic combustion, fundamental heat and mass transfer
Research Staff and Students under supervision
||A Study of Aging of Cool Roofs |
||HVAC System Hygiene |
||Disinfection by Products (DBPs) in Swimming Pools |
|Kishor Tarachand Zingre
||Building Energy Savings using High-Albedo-High-Emittance (Cool) Roof Materials |
||Numerical Study of A Concrete Core Temperature Control Building for Tropics |
- Zingre K.T., Wan M.P., Yang X., “A new roof thermal transfer value (RTTV) calculation method for cool roofs”, Energy, in press, 2015.
- Zingre K.T., Wan M.P., Wong, S.K., Toh W.B.T., Lee I.Y.L., “Modelling of cool roof performance for double-skin roofs in tropical climate”, Energy, in press, 2015.
- Zingre K.T., Wan M.P., Tong S., Li H., Chang V.W.C., Wong, S.K., Toh W.B.T., Lee I.Y.L., "Modeling of cool roof heat transfer in tropical climate", Renewable Energy, 75, pp. 210-223, 2015.
- You S. and Wan M.P., "Modeling and experiments of the adhesion force distribution between particles and a surface", Langmuir, 30(23), pp. 6808-6818, 2014.
- You S. and Wan M.P., "A new turbulent-burst-based model for particle resuspension from rough surfaces in turbulent flow", Aerosol Science & Technology, 48, pp. 1031-1042, 2014.
- Sproul J., Wan M.P., Mandel B.H. and Rosenfeld A.H., "Economic comparison of white, green and black flat roofs in the United States", Energy and Buildings, 71, pp. 20-27, 2014.
- You S. and Wan M.P., "Particle concentration dynamics in the ventilation duct after an artificial release: for countering potential bioterriorist attack", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 267, pp.183 – 193, 2014.
- You S and Wan M.P., “Mathematical models for the van der Waals force and capillary force between a rough particle and surface”, Langmuir, 29(29), pp. 9104 – 9117, 2013.
- Wan M.P., Wu C.L., Sze To G.N., Chan T.C. and Chao C.Y.H., "Ultrafine particles, and PM2.5 generated from cooking in homes", Atmospheric Environment, 45(34), pp. 6141-6148, 2011.
- Wan M.P., Hui K.S., Chao C.Y.H., and Kwong C.W., "Catalytic combustion of methane with ozone using Pd-exchanged zeolite X: experimental investigations and kinetics model", Combustion Science & Technology, 182, pp. 1429-1445, 2010.
- Thermal Radiation Unit
- Environmental Sustainability
- Building Services Engineering