- PhD University of Strathclyde 1989
- BSc(Hons) University of Strathclyde 1985
PANG Hock Lye John is a Professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering of Nanyang Technological University. He received his PhD degree in 1989 and BSc degree in 1985 from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland. He worked at the Structural Integrity Department of TWI (The Welding Institute) from 1989 to 1990, and joined Nanyang Technological University in June 1990. His academic interests are in Mechanics of Materials, Structural Integrity, Failure Analysis and Reliability of Lead-free Solders. He has published over 177 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers and has a SCI Web-of-Science (PANG JHL OR PANG HLJ) h-Index of 26, and over 2157 citations. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (FASME) and serves in the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Journal of Fatigue.
Fatigue, Fracture, Mechanics of Materials, Structural Integrity, Reliability
Research Students under supervision
||Remanufacturing Materials-Process-Performance Assessments |
|Tan Kok Ee
||Strain Rate Effects on Solder Joint Failure and Reliability |
|Chen Sihan Joseph
||Thermo-Mechanical and Vibration Reliability of LED Assemblies |
- Venu Gopal Madhav Annamdas; Youxiang Chew; John Hock Lye Pang; et al. Fatigue Growth Analysis of Pre-Induced Surface Defects Using Piezoelectric Wafer Based Impedance Method and Digital Image Correlation System, JOURNAL OF NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION Volume: 33 Issue: 3 Pages: 413-426 Published: SEP 2014
- Huang, P Kumar, I Dutta, JHL Pang, R. Sidhu; “A general methodology for calculating mixed mode stress intensity factors and fracture toughness of solder joints with interfacial cracks” , Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Volume: 13, Pages: 9-25 Published: October 2014.
- Annamdas, Venu G. M; Pang, John H. L.; Zhou, Kun; et al Efficiency of electromechanical impedance for load and damage assessment along the thickness of lead zirconate titanate transducers in structural monitoring, JOURNAL OF INTELLIGENT MATERIAL SYSTEMS AND STRUCTURES, Volume: 24 Issue: 16 Pages: 2008-2022 Published: NOV 2013.
- Sun, Gengzhi*; Wang, Dong; Pang, John H. L.; et al. Nonlinear stress-strain behavior of carbon nanotube fibers subject to slow sustained strain rate. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS Volume: 103 Issue: 13 Article Number: 131902 Published: SEP 23 2013.
- F.X. Che* and John H. L. Pang : Fatigue Reliability Analysis of Sn-Ag-Cu Solder Joints Subject to Thermal Cycling, IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, Vol. 13, No. 1, March 2013, 36-49.
- Sun, G., Zheng, L., Zhou, J., Zhang, Y., Zhan, Z., Pang, J.H.L., Load-transfer efficiency and mechanical reliability of carbon nanotube fibers under low strain rates, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PLASTICITY Volume: 40 Pages: 56-64 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijplas.2012.07.003 Published: JAN 2013.
- Che, F. X*.; Pang, John H. L. Characterization of IMC layer and its effect on thermomechanical fatigue life of Sn-3.8Ag-0.7Cu solder joints , JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS Volume: 541 Pages: 6-13 DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2012.06.104 Published: NOV 15 2012.
- Sun, Gengzhi; Pang, John H. L.; Zhou, Jinyuan; et al., A modified Weibull model for tensile strength distribution of carbon nanotube fibers with strain rate and size effects , APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS Volume: 101 Issue: 13 Article Number: 131905 DOI: 10.1063/1.4754709 Published: SEP 24 2012.
- Huang Z.; Kumar P.; Dutta I. Pang JHL et al ; Fracture of Sn-Ag-Cu Solder Joints on Cu Substrates: I. Effects of Loading and Processing Conditions , JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC MATERIALS Volume: 41 Issue: 2 Pages: 375-389, FEB 2012.
- John H L Pang (2012) Lead Free Solder: Mechanics and Reliability, Springer, 2012, ISBN 978-1-4614-0462-0.
- Singapore Studies
- Electronics Manufacturing And Packaging
- Machine Design Element
- Solid Mechanics And Vibration
- Engineers And Society
- Marine And Offshore Structural Integrity
- Engineering Design