- PhD Catholic University of Leuven 1997
- ME Harbin Institute of Technology 1987
- BE Harbin Univ of Science & Technology 1982
Dr. Liu Erjia is an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since Jan 2004. He received the Ph.D. degree in metallurgy and materials engineering from K.U. Leuven, Belgium in 1997, the M.Eng. degree in materials engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology, China in 1987, and B.Eng. degree in materials engineering from Harbin University of Science & Technology, China in 1982. Dr. Liu leads a research team focusing on surface coatings and additive manufacturing technologies in aerospace, marine and offshore applications. Currently, he is the PI of two projects funded by NRF, NTU, and aerospace, marine & offshore companies.
Thin films, coatings, carbon materials, nanocomposites, electroanalysis, corrosion, tribology, additive manufacturing.
|Cold Spray Development|
This project aims to develop cold spray process based repair technologies for aerospace applications.
[Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab, Manufacturing]
|Large-scale Metal 3D Printing Development|
This project aims to develop a large scale 3D printing process for manufacturing large steel parts for applications in marine and offshore industries.
[Singapore Centre for 3D Printing, Manufacturing]
Research Students under supervision
|Lee Pui Mun
||Graphene Electrode For Detection Of High Priority Trace Heavy Metals In Aqueous Solutions. Developing Graphene Working Electrodes For Simultaneous Detection Of Several High Priority Heavy Metals At Ppb Levels |
||Self-cleaning Coating for Out-door Large Structures |
||Crystal Structure Stability, Defect Formation and Phase Transformation under Ion Beam Irradiation: From Fundamentals to Applications |
- Z.M. Wang and E. Liu, “Graphene ultrathin film electrode for detection of lead ions in acetate buffer solution”, Talanta 103 (2013) 47-55.
- Z.M. Wang, P.M. Lee, E. Liu, “Graphene thin film electrodes synthesized by thermally treating co-sputtered nickel-carbon mixed layers for detection of trace lead, cadmium and copper ions in acetate buffer solutions”, Thin Solid Films 544 (2013) 341–347.
- Z.M. Wang, L. Li, E. Liu, “Graphene ultrathin film electrodes modified with bismuth nanoparticles and polyaniline porous layers for detection of lead and cadmium ions in acetate buffer solutions”, Thin Solid Films 544 (2013) 362–367.
- B. Saha, S.B. Tor, E. Liu, D.E. Hardt, and J.H. Chun, “Titanium-aluminum-polytetrafluoroethylene coated stainless steel micromold via co-sputtering deposition: Replication performance and limitation in hot-embossing”, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical 163 (2012) 290-298.
- A. Babaei, L. Zhang, E. Liu, and S.P. Jiang “Performance and carbon deposition over Pd nanoparticle catalyst promoted Ni/GDC anode of SOFCs in methane, methanol and ethanol fuels”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 37 (2012) 15301-15310.
- B. Saha, S.B. Tor, E. Liu, D.E. Hardt, and J.H. Chun, “Hot-embossing performance of silicon micromold coated with self-assembled n-octadecyltrichlorosilane”, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical 160 (2011) 207– 214.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Investigation of corrosion behavior of nitrogen doped and platinum/ruthenium doped diamond-like carbon thin films in Hank's solution”, Materials Science & Engineering C-Materials for Biological Applications 31 (2011) 1539–1544.
- Z.M. Wang, E. Liu, and X. Zhao, “Glassy carbon electrode modified by conductive polyaniline coating for determination of trace lead and cadmium ions in acetate buffer solution”, Thin Solid Films 519 (2011) 5285-5289.
- X.B. Chen, L. Zhang, E. Liu, and S.P. Jiang, “A fundamental study of chromium deposition and poisoning at (La0.8Sr0.2)0.95(Mn1-xCox)O3± (0.0x1.0) cathodes of solid oxide fuel cells”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 36 (2011) 805-821.
- A. Babaei, L. Zhang, E. Liu, and S.P. Jiang, “Performance and stability of La0.8Sr0.2MnO3 cathode promoted with palladium based catalysts in solid oxide fuel cells”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 509 (2011) 4781–4787.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Investigation of structure, adhesion strength, wear performance and corrosion behavior of platinum/ruthenium/nitrogen doped diamond-like carbon thin films with respect to film thickness”, Materials Chemistry and Physics 126 (2011) 220-226.
- A.P. Liu, E. Liu, N.W. Khun, G.C. Yang, and W.G. Ma, “Non-enzymatic glucose detection using nitrogen-doped diamond-like carbon electrodes modified with gold nanoclusters”, Pure and Applied Chemistry 82(11) (2010) 2217-2229.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Nitrogen-induced Degradation of Corrosion Resistance of Platinum/ruthenium/nitrogen doped Diamond-like Carbon Thin Films”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society 157 (2010) C269-C274.
- B. Saha, E. Liu, S.B. Tor, N.W. Khun, D.E. Hardt, and J.H. Chun, “Improvement in lifetime and replication quality of Si micromold using N:DLC:Ni coatings for microfluidic devices”, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical 150 (2010) 174–182.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Influence of carbon sputtering power on structure, corrosion resistance, adhesion strength and wear resistance of platinum/ruthenium/nitrogen doped diamond-like carbon thin films”, Surface & Coatings Technology 205 (2010) 853–860.
- B. Saha, E. Liu, S.B. Tor, N.W. Khun, D.E. Hardt, and J.H. Chun, “Replication performance of Si-N-DLC-coated Si micro-molds in micro-hot-embossing”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 20 (2010) 045007.
- N.W. Khun, E. Liu, and G.C. Yang, “Structure, scratch resistance and corrosion performance of nickel doped diamond-like carbon thin films”, Surface & Coatings Technology 204 (2010) 3125–3130.
- Aiping Liu, Wenjun Dong, Erjia Liu, Weihua Tang, Jiaqi Zhu, Jiecai Han, “Non-enzymatic hydrogen peroxide detection using gold nanoclusters-modified phosphorus incorporated tetrahedral amorphous carbon electrodes”, Electrochimica Acta 55 (2010) 1971–1977.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Effect of Platinum and Ruthenium Incorporation on Voltammetric Behavior of Nitrogen Doped Diamond-Like Carbon Thin Films”, Electroanalysis 21 (2009) 2590 – 2596.
- Z.M. Wang, H.W. Guo, E. Liu, G.C. Yang, N.W. Khun, “Bismuth/polyaniline/glassy carbon electrodes prepared with different protocols for stripping voltammetric determination of trace Cd and Pb in solutions having surfactants”, Electroanalysis 22 (2010) 209-215.
- B. Saha, E. Liu, S.B. Tor, D.E. Hardt, and J.H. Chun, “Anti-sticking behavior of DLC coated silicon micro-molds”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 19 (2009) 105025_1-7.
- N.W. Khun, E. Liu, and Zeng Xianting, "Corrosion behavior of nitrogen doped diamond-like carbon thin films in NaCl solutions", Corrosion Science 51 (2009) 2158–2164.
- N.W. Khun, E. Liu, G.C. Yang, W.G. Ma, and S.P. Jiang, "Structure and corrosion behavior of platinum/ruthenium/nitrogen doped diamondlike carbon thin films", Journal of Applied Physics 106 (2009) 013506_1-9.
- N.W. Khun and E. Liu, “Linear sweep anodic stripping voltammetry of heavy metals from nitrogen doped tetrahedral amorphous carbon thin films”, Electrochimica Acta 54 (2009) 2890-2898.
- G.C. Yang, E. Liu, N.W. Khun, S.P. Jiang, “Direct electrochemical response of glucose at nickel-doped diamondlike carbon thin film electrodes”, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 627 (2009) 51-57.
- E. Liu, P. Xiao, J.S. Chen, B.C. Lim, and L. Li “Ni doped ZnO thin films for diluted magnetic semiconductor materials”, Current Applied Physics, 8 (2008) 408-411.
- E. Liu, Y.F. Ding, L. Li, B. Blanpain, and J.-P. Celis, “Influence of humidity on the friction of diamond and diamond-like carbon materials”, Tribology International 40 (2007) 216-219.
- E. Liu, L. Li, B. Blanpain, and J.-P. Celis, “Residual stresses of diamond and diamondlike carbon films”, Journal of Applied Physics, 98 (2005) 073515_1-5.
- L.X. Liu and E. Liu, “Nitrogenated diamond-like carbon films for metal tracing”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 198 (2005) 189-193.
- A.P. Zeng, E. Liu, S.N. Tan, S. Zhang, and J.X. Gao, “Stripping Voltammetric Analysis of Heavy Metals at Nitrogen Doped Diamond-like Carbon Film Electrodes”, Electroanalysis, 14(18) (2002) 1294-1298.
- A. Zeng, E. Liu, S.N. Tan, S. Zhang, and J. Gao, “Cyclic Voltammetry Studies of Sputtered Nitrogen Doped Diamond-like Carbon Film Electrodes”, Electroanalysis, 14(15-16) (2002) 1110-1115.
- E. Liu, X. Shi, H.S. Tan, L.K. Cheah, Z. Sun, B.K. Tay, and J.R. Shi, “The effect of nitrogen on the mechanical properties of tetrahedral amorphous carbon films deposited with a filtered cathodic vacuum arc”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 120-121 (1999) 601-606.
- E. Liu, X. Shi, B.K. Tay, L.K. Cheah, H.S. Tan, J.R. Shi, and Z. Sun, “Micro-Raman spectroscopic analysis of tetrahedral amorphous carbon films deposited under varying conditions”, Journal of Applied Physics, 86 (1999) 6078-6083.
- Evaluation of Surface Finish Produced by Various Methods
- Advanced Manufacturing and Nanotechnology
- Non-Conventional Manuf Process
- Engineering Design