- DIC PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 1991
- BS Zhejiang University 1985
Prof Lin is an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since December 1991. He received his PhD and DIC in Vibration Engineering from Imperial College London in 1990 and his BSc(Eng) from Zhejiang University. He has been working on structural vibration and its related problems for more than 30 years, has accomplished a number of major funded research projects and has published and consulted widely.
Vibration, Noise, Dynamics of Micro-Systems, Vibration of Nano-Structural Systems, Finite Element Model Updating, Structural Damage Detection.
- Shakouri , A.; Ng, T. Y.; Lin, R. M., A study of the scale effects on the flexural vibration of graphene sheets using REBO potential based atomistic structural and nonlocal couple stress thin plate models, PHYSICA E-LOW-DIMENSIONAL SYSTEMS & NANOSTRUCTURES 50, 22-28, 2013
- Lin R M, Nonlinear Structural and Vibration Analysis of Graphene Sheets, JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND THEORETICAL NANOSCIENCE 10(9), 1941-1951, SEP 2013.
- Lin RM, Nanoscale vibration characteristics of multi-layered graphene sheets, MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING, 251-261, 2012.
- Lin R M, Nanoscale vibration characterization of multi-layered graphene sheets embedded, in an elastic medium Computational Material Science 53, 44-52, 2012.
- Ko K H, Shaw K C, Chua H K and Lin R M, Cusp error reduction under high speed micro/meso- scale milling with ultrasonic vibration assistance, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 2(12), 15-20, 2011.
- Lin R M, Identification of Modal Parameters of Unmeasured Modes Using Multiple FRF Modal Analysis Method, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 24(3). Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 25(1), 151-162, 2011.
- Lin R M, Development of a new and effective modal identification method – mathematical formulation and numerical simulations, Journal of Vibration and Control, 17(5) 741–758, 2011.
- Lin R M and Lu C, Modeling of Interfacial Friction Damping of Carbon Nanotube-Based Nanocomposites, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 24(8), 2996-3012, 2011.
- Yan T H, Xu X S, Han J Q and Lin R M, Optimization of Sensing and feedback control for vibration/flutter of rotating disk by PZT actuators via Air Coupled Pressure, Sensors, 11, 3094-3116, 2011.
- Ko K H, Shaw K C, Chua H K and Lin R M, The effect of one directional ultrasonic vibration assistance in high speed meso-scale milling process, Key Engineering Materials, 447, 41-45, 2010.
- Aircraft Structures
- An Introduction To Engineering And Practices
- Vibration Measurement And Analysis Of Multiple Degrees Of Freedom Systems
- Aerospace Discovery Course
- Balancing Of Rotating Masses